Sunday, January 13, 2013

Measuring The Success Of Strategic Initiatives

How Facebook can be effective and efficient as a platform to set-up online business.

First, we need to know IT effectiveness matrix and efficiency matrix.

IT Effectiveness Matrix:
  • Effectiveness is related to doing the right things.
  • It is more to intangible which is not easy to see, touch, calculate, define, determine and realize.
  • It also measure the impact IT has on business process and activities including customer satisfaction.
  • How well the organization achieve its goals and objectives and ensuring they accomplished.


IT Efficiency Matrix:
  • Efficiency is related to doing the things right.
  • It is more to tangible which is easy to see,touch,calculate,define,determine and realize.
  • It also measure the performance of the IT system itself including throughput, speed, availability and flexibility.
  • How far the company can using their resources such as capital, assets, facilities or technology system to achieve it goals. 
  • For example, a company already have a formal web and now they want to create news letter that can be generate everyday for their customers.

So, if i have a chance, i would like to set up an online jersey shop. So, what can facebook help me in my business?

Efficiency:
  1. There are so many facebook users in this wonderful world. So, i can have a bigger prospect to sell my jersey. i also have many friends in facebook, which can help me by buyinmg my jersey and do little promotion.
  2. Promote my jersey through a popular facebook groups or page.  I can place my advertisement on the popular pages like Oh! Media network to make my shop more popular. Again, my friends also can support me by helping me to promote my shop to their friends.
  3. Every updates of my product will be announced to the customer, with complete details of the product like size and measurement. So, easier for the customers to buy from me.
Effectiveness:
  1. I must keep my promise to my customers. Which I must deliver their order at the right place and at the right time.
  2. I also will let them know my personal facebook, which can help them dealing with me if problem happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment